Friday, February 26, 2010

Is it really your world?


The other day I was talking to Dusty, through texting of course, and he randomly sent me a picture of him and his mother. Take a look, see?


He was telling me his mother did this all the time. Even I have been known for 'staring off into space' or 'creating my own world'. (Which is Shelly Land. You should check it out!)But is it REALLY your world? Do you own it? It may be in your head, but who else is there? Does somebody think they own said world when you claim to own it as well? Maybe there is somebody else in the universe (I'm not limiting our population by just people on Earth, nobody really knows what else is out there.) Do you ever see anybody else in your world? Somebody you knew? Friend? Neighbor? Or maybe even some Canadian kid that talks Portuguese? Maybe they believe they invented your world. You know, doctors, scientists, even philosophers, believe that we are all unique.


Are we really? Maybe we have a twin somewhere... Maybe that's why they share our thoughts and our worlds. They may possibly not look exactly like us, but their minds are the same.


Serial killers all think alike. All they want somebody to die. Comedians are all the same. They all want people to laugh. Are they all thinking along the same lines?


I keep seeing these things 'And remember kids, you're different, just like everybody else.' This statement obviously suggests that we are NOT all different, but it makes me think that perhaps we are all the same.


People share features, thoughts, and feelings. They are just random. Like I'm sorta kinda screwed up. I like to think that I'm different, but I find comfort in being the same. I fear all I love. I laugh at inappropriate times (who doesn't?), and I keep a straight face when laughter is needed without making something socially awkward.


Though, look at somebody you know, what characters (physical and emotional) do you share? How different are you REALLY from them? Then look at other people you wouldn't dream to talk to and somebody else who is quite similar. How different are they?Its quite a interesting thing to think about. I know we are all different, but I can only say there are so many combinations of the emotions and features (unless you're some kind of mutant) that can exist.


I leave with just the thought, 'Is it really your world?'

1 comments:

Dustin said...

hehe!

Post a Comment

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones