Monday, August 16, 2010

Who am I?

Today was fantastic.

I conquered my fear of heels and wore huge heels just for fun... It was nice to see some people eye to eye for once.

I also busted it in first block... The ONE time I wasn't wearing them...

Oops.

As the day progressed, my feet began to hurt more and more.

Eventually, I just kicked them off in band and played in my socks.

Now, let's have a band update.

I'm going to try and keep band updates. It's not for you, as the reader, but I think it's mostly for me. Kind of like a diary, but something public... So I can have some questions answered.

Like today's, for instance.

Yesterday, I was talking to a friend about the day before. I was still upset about how bleh-ish I acted. I could have definitely handled the situation better, but at the time I didn't know how.

But I cracked open my shell a little bit and had a few discussions with a few people I wouldn't think I'd ever get a connection with.

It went fairly well. I laughed a lot until we had to get serious.

I don't know how people manage to continue talking without getting caught... I guess I'm just paranoid.

But during this time, I got to thinking to what my said friend said...

"You just don't know who you are yet."

Of course, this struck up some dusty thoughts...

I thought I knew who I was?

Then I had a mental debate...

"Who are you really?"

"You're Shelly, silly."

"Yes, but who is that?"

"Who you are."

"BUT WHO AM I?!"

It's a lot harder than it sounds... You know, they say the more you think about something the more insane you become...

It's fact.

How can you tell who you are?

Surely it's more than a identity on your birth certificate...

I'm stumped.

2 comments:

Dustin said...

Great, now you have me thinking! :( Haha

mother said...

This is a question so many find themselves asking... "who am I". Isn't it funny how much easier it is to define other people? Like when I look at you, I see an amazing young woman, talented sax player, someone blessed with the gift of sharing laughter with others, and a genuine sense of caring. But I think ultimately you are right, you can make yourself nuts asking yourself this question. I think what is more important is not who you are, but what you do.... and by doing, you become enlightened as to who you are. It is very true... you can think too much. And typically when one does that all it accomplishes is creating self doubt - which is a negative thing. Does that make sense?

Post a Comment

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones