Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Wii Fit Plus Update: So it begins...

"Have you seen my shoes?... I kicked them off in a fit of joy."

If you don't already know, we purchased a Wii balance board about 4 days ago.

I love it.

The games are easy, yet they get you moving and you burn twice as many calories laughing at somebody else.

I'm living proof that this thing works.

really.

I'm going to go out on a limb and give you a vague idea of my stats.

When I started I was in the "overweight" zone. I was, of coarse, devastated, because it was just proving what I already knew.

But I've worked with it. I've made a yoga routine I've been doing for the past 3 days and I've done the games.

And cane you believe it, I lost FOUR POUNDS... Four pounds in four days.

I had originally set a relatively unhealthy goal. I was upset at the time and I wanted to lose a lot of weight fast.

Now, I'm not so fat as to I can't get up and little children dangle french fries in my face and watch me squirm in attempt to get it. But I wasn't very active either.

I've wanted to be more active since I turned 15.

That's when it hit me that I was joining a large group of people walking, or eating/sleeping, their way into obesity.

I had vowed that as soon as I can drive alone, I would be at the park running, which is still my goal. But now I have the ability to work up to it.

I can't express how pumped I am. :D

1 comments:

Amber said...

YAY Shelly! Look up "couch to 5K" running program. I think it is on coolrunning.com. Anyway, you go from doing Zero Exercise to running 3 miles or 30 minutes in 10 weeks. You gradually work up to this so it is doable! Trust me, I HAVE NEVER run in my life and this was something I was able to do without thinking I was going to die :)

Post a Comment

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones