Saturday, April 17, 2010

It's times like these I'm happy to be alive.



Today was the most magnificent bonfire in the history of this ancient house. All those in the photo above plus my Mother, Keith, and Joey attended.

When I first woke up I wasn't at ALL thrilled about it. Mostly because I felt I would be responsible for a 2 year old (yes, that would be Joey), my eye was killing me, and I didn't sleep well at all... Considering I shared the couch with said 2 year old.

When I got over it all I watched Robots with Joey a few times and eventually spent about an HOUR cleaning my room. With that it was barley decent enough for company. Then I went downstairs and Joey was getting pretty tired. So we had him stay on the couch while Hunter and I played PSPs.

Then David and Caleb arrived.

Of course I decided to be the EVIL big cousin and move the now sleeping Joey into Mother's room where he would be away from all the noise.

Bad idea.

He SCREAMED and SCREAMED and SCREAMED. I just got David and Caleb to follow me outside to hide Jessica and Jon's ticket.

Caleb hid Jon's up in a big tree that is growing in the middle of my yard and David hid Jessica's in the most obvious place.

Then Dusty and Jesse pulled up in a white van. Dusty was driving and I haven't a clue why I didn't dive for cover. But they joined us and lord behold they borough CHOCOLATE and drinks. Which was GREAT. It's thanks to one of those Mountain Dews that I'm still up with no intention of going to bed.

Then all four guys: Dusty, Jesse, David, and Caleb; moved sticks to be burned. I sat and watched. I always knew I'd be a good supervisor. :D

Eventually Keith and Ema pulled in. Poor Keith NEVER looks happy when I see him. So I called him some childish names. Which I found hilarious.

Later on, Anna showed up. She was walked over and we socialized for a while. During this time Hunter was working on the fire. Which is a good thing considering I "don't need to be playing with fire."

As if I'm not the oldest. xD

Once again, we socialized about squirrels and what we would do to Jon when he showed up, considering he didn't have a ticket.

Then we saw Jessica's car... Going the wrong way...

Anna, Ema, and I then decided to stand in the street and try to flag them down.

I didn't work.

Ema gave up and headed back to talk to those at the truck while Anna and I ran down the street to retrieve Jessica from Keaton's yard.

The ironic thing was that on the way I received a text from her saying,"Is it the one in the fence?"

We laughed hysterically. Mostly because we were standing right behind their reversing vehicle. We then got their attention and hitched a ride back to my house.

Then we talked until Aaron arrived. Once we found out nobody else was coming Mother went inside to start cooking.

All the while we played games and just had fun.

At one point we played volley ball. Somebody always ended up hitting it toward the fire and we would just stand there and scream, "No!" as the ball slowly rolled and Jon walked casually to retrieve it. Priceless. :D

Oh and my Mother being the awesome semi-adult she is, she let us crank up the truck and turn on the radio. We eventually ate.

(By the way, I can't remember if we played volley ball before OR after we ate.)

Eventually we made smores and put on my mp3 stuck on Lady Gaga... And the Trash men... ha ha!

After we had smores Jon said something about me and well... He landed on my nose and it HURT! ha ha I wish I had a picture.

Finally, when it started to get icky outside we all migrated to my room... Of course I didn't know at the time and had to attack Jon for the jacket that was hanging on my wall. Anyway when Dusty, Jessica, and Caleb found my room they started to shot stuff all over my room... And to think... 2 hours down the drain... xD

Eventually I found out Aaron had left and Jessica, Anna, and Jesse were outside because of the cat. So I threw Peanut (the cat) outside and urged them to come in and join the fun upstairs... ha ha I didn't know my room could hold so many people.

Eventually we settled down and played Apples to Apples which got boring after a while. Then Dusty started feeling bad due to allergies we suspect and he and Jesse returned to the Dustin Headquarters.

After they left we brought out a pack of poker cards and played B.S. until David and Caleb left. We continued to play until Jon got tired and decided to leave. I then waited outside with Jessica and Anna to be picked up. When they left we still had to wait for Matt to retrieve Joey.

So once everyone was gone, I got on the computer and waited for Matt. Who happened to have just left with Jr.

Now I'm literally shaking from all the excitement... I hope tomorrow will be a lazy day...

Oh... And I drove Jon's car... I wish he would have told me it would have been a good idea to wear shoes... YUCK!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones