Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Sickeningly..

I just discovered it is sickeningly painful to live without internet... Even though I'm not on very often.

Anyway, today was wonderful. Everything seemed to go in a way that just worked. :D

I got a new Mother, many questionable fathers, and I didn't have to sit at the painful end of the table! (Thank you, Momma. xD)

What I really want to get across at the moment is the fact a tornado decided to attack the northern-ish part of Alabama. Who would have thought. Maybe Mother Nature is striking back from all the times we have taken advantage of all the slack she cuts us... Or I'm thinking for along the lines of a fairy tail, which would more than likely be the case.

I remember before I knew there was a tornado, I was watching television and throwing a tennis ball for Sydney. When suddenly... BAM!, a tornado warning... As any attentive human being would, I stoped what I was doing to pay attention. Though, nothing prepared me for what came on the screen next.

First, I will make fun of how long they take to try an issue the warning. I mean, it was like "ATTENTION *** WE ARE ISSUING A *** TORNADO *** WARNING FOR THE FOLLOWING COUNTIES *** : MARSHALL...."

Okay, I may have exaggerated that a bit, but that's how it seemed to feel.

And then right toward the end when they were still reading out the warning, a fat old man came on screen. Of course my immature side took over and I cracked up. I don't feel the least bit bad, it was just so utterly random I couldn't keep my posture.

Then, I got to thinking. As much as they talked about trailer parks and people that live in trailers (no offence to the ones that do) I figured these warning were meant for them. Or more directly toward them, because most are unemployed and live their life in front of the television. I'm not saying all do, it may just be a stereotype, but I got a chuckle out of it.

ANYWAY.

I then went about my business because the weather was still just thunderstorms and Mother was still out on her 'date' (Which seemed to go well too, by the way.).

When she returned with her 'date' she handed over a tub of ice cream, a 24 case of Dr.Pepper and a box of pizza for me and Hunter. We then just 'chilled' in my room and enjoyed the carbs, fattening sweets, and caffeinated substances.

Eventually the cable went out and I fell asleep. Then around 12-2 in the morning, I was awoken by my brother and commanded to go down stairs. There, I once again fell asleep watching The Blind Side, but not before I had a few hurried, anxious conversations.

All in all, I'm just glad everyone is OK. So far, I have only heard of two deaths and about twenty something injuries.

It's a shame about the Albertville community.

1 comments:

Dustin said...

I'll read this later :P

Post a Comment

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones