Friday, October 1, 2010

CANANANADA!

I've been feeling rather... intelligent today. Seriously.

You know how you rub your hands together and it causes them to warm up? I'm talking about friction. Well, we know that particles and atoms are CONSTANTLY moving. Even in solid substances. But in a liquid, they have more flow to them.

SO. I started thinking.

There are many different kinds of particles in coffee. The sugar, creamer, ect. Well, if all those particles bounced off of each other FAST enough, don't you think friction would take it's course and cause the coffee to warm up?

I thought so...

So I grabbed what coffee I had left from this morning and I took it to lunch with me.

I shook it all the way down the hall.

Now, before you go off and start calling me crazy, I'm going to tell you a secret.

It worked.

I got to the lunch room and my coffee was warm-ish. Not hot like it is supposed to be, but it wasn't room temperature. It was WARM.

Amazing, right?

Well, somebody had the audacity to tell me that it was just because it was in a thermos.

I forgot about that part.

So I inspected my coffee...

It was cold....

I sat like an idiot shaking my coffee trying to make it warm up.

Didn't work...

BUT, in theory, it should. You just have to shake it fast enough, I suppose....



On another completely unrelated note... Did you know the lady that sings "My Heart Will Go On" is CANADIAN?

I didn't.... Somebody told me 3rd block... only his exact words were....

"Yea, she is from Canananana... Cananana... Canana..."

I looked at my friend and we busted laughing.

OK, now imagine a two-year-old... Do you know how they shake their head and wrinkle their nose when you try to give them vegetables?

Now... Do that whilst saying "Canananada!"

Great fun.

Our new "obsession" is...
"Squirrels have big fluffy tails that go WOOSH *insert funky hand gesture here* and they live in *shakes head like a two-year-old* CANANADA!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones