Saturday, October 9, 2010

Telephone? Telephone.


Normally, I love getting phone calls from people I WANT to talk to...

Unfortunately, everybody that call the house always wants to talk to my mom or brother.

Though, I get plenty of text messages, but it's nice to know that somebody wants to focus on one conversation with you. When you text, odds are that the person you're messaging is texing 5 other people.

Depressing, right?

This is why I hate answering the phone unless I know who it is and I'm willing to talk to them.

Sadly, I was forced to take a call...

Like I couldn't have made a bigger fool of myself.

"Hello?"

"Hi. Is this Hunter?"

Stop. You mistook me for my brother? Ow.

"Um. No. This is Shelly..."

*Awkward silence*

"Oh. I have the wrong number."

"Are you sure? I have a brother named Hunter..."

"No, I got the number completely wrong."

"OK."

Then I hung up.

Hunter then walked into the room and said, "WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?"

"He said he had the wrong number...", I responded.

"That was Hunter."

At this point, I'm was confused out of my mind!

Hunter was asking for Hunter.

Then it clicked.

Hunter had a friend named Hunter...

So I just hung up on one of his friends.

Oops.

Eventually, my brother called him back and they got everything worked out.

But I still feel like an idiot.

I wish people I wanted to talk to would call just to talk to me or even just say 'Hi'. It makes me feel special. Ha ha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones