Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I'm Paranoid of the Paranormal

I've been pondering the paranormal a lot since I woke up about two hours ago. It just may be from all the sinus medication I've taken or I'm going crazy. I can't tell.

Upon arriving home at about 1, I immediately went to bed and slept until I was awoken by a blood curling scream coming from the television. I was angry about being brought back to conscientiousness in such a rude and terrifying manner. Of course, once I got over my grogginess, I was captured into the show.

It was about the most haunted places in America. They were, at the time, talking about children during the industrial revolution. They started working as early as the age of seven. I was drawn to the idea, that they, innocent souls, would want to stick around after death.

Yes, I do believe in the paranormal... I occasionally think there's a ghost in my house. Actually, last week, I was laying in bed and I saw a shadow of a man glide across the far wall of my room. It was about 3 in the morning. Let me be the first to say, yes. I'm losing hope in my own sanity.

Anyway, the haunted places got freakier and freakier. I had to turn on my light and, regardless how hot it was in my room, hide under the sheets. I couldn't turn off the TV, because I'm deathly afraid that something is waiting under my bed... And I lost the remote.

I know that since Halloween is drawing near, that more shows on the paranormal will be coming on; but am I the only one who thinks that there is a world in between? That you can actually get stuck in the middle?

Another tale was on a woman who spent the night out with her boyfriend. Resurrection Mary. She then got into an argument with him and left. On her way home, she was then killed by a hit and run driver. Mary is said to be seen walking up and down the road by Resurrection Cemetery. Maybe I'm the only one that finds the name ironic....

Also, let me throw in that I live near a alleged haunted area. Ever hear of Cry Baby Holler? Yea. I could walk there if the road wasn't grown over... I've heard countless stories about it. I even found it in a book. It was the FIRST story in a book on the most haunted places in Alabama.

I guess I'm just proving that I'm an idiot and have so little of a life that I have to waste my time thinking that there is something not there out to get me. Maybe I'm trapped in my own fear that every time a breeze of cool air brushes my arm that something else is there.

I wish I wasn't so disturbed over everything that I'd possibly imagine things to be afraid of...

If any of this made sense, you're probably going crazy too. Congratulations.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones