Friday, October 1, 2010

Grammar and Football

Friday. This means football.

YES.

I had a blast tonight. I got an AMAZING two hours of sleep last night and I loaded up on caffeine, so I was bouncing off the walls... Though, now, I'm about to crash...

Apparently, our school has not been able to defeat Plainview since 1985. So, we were unbelievably pumped when we saw we were tied at half time.

Well, I'm not proud of my performance, but I'm confident about tomorrow.

After halftime, I pulled Jacob and Matt's hair up.

The saxophone section is now up to FIVE girls. Yes! Finally.

They were pretty... I wish I'd gotten a picture... I will tomorrow.

Whilst this was happening, we discussed commas.

We talked about how we would have to yell "LET'S GO COMMA PEE!"

Because, you see, if we were to yell "LET'S GO, PEE!" nobody would know if we were begging the director to go to the bathroom or cheering for the football player.

Because the comma is silent.

Like the "X" in my name.

ShelXly.

Another classic example is the "LET'S EAT, GRANDPA!" The comma is silent. SO, my conclusion is that commas should be expressed as an interjection.

Oh! Wow! COMMA!

It could work, though it would be weird to have an interjection in the middle of a sentence...

Anyway... When the game ended, we fled to Pizza Hut. There, we met a former SBM.

He was on the drum line and loved it. I thought he would know my English teacher considering she was in the band back in the day.

She's my favorite teacher.

We talked about how much the school had changed and all that.

I really need to start taking pictures...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones