Monday, October 25, 2010

I'm in that "mood" again...

Since we returned from Wal-Mart this morning, I've decided to clean the kitchen a little. Even though I rarely come downstairs over the weekend, it was a disaster. I'm currently waiting on the dishwasher to finish so I can return the spices to their rack...

While I move around the house doing random tasks, I started messing things up... Like, I busted a drawer trying to fix it. Then, I thought of THIS:
Yes, I walked through the flow chart to see if I was in any bit of trouble.

Did the drawer work?
No.
Did I mess with it?
I sure did.
I'm a fool.
Does anyone know?
Considering I was screaming at the darn thing, I'm sure at least ONE person knows...
I'm a poor fool.
Can I blame somebody else?
Eh... I can blame the past Shelly for being so careless as to when it came to the proper care of our lovely drawers.

On the up side, I fixed it. I sealed my victory with a yell of satisfaction and accomplishment. That drawer has been broken for the longest time. Now I sit here stupidly laughing at my amazing achievement.

I think the best part about cleaning involves the little things. For instance, later, when somebody tries to cook something or use the bathroom I can say smugly "Don't forget to clean up your mess, I worked hard in there!"

Truth is, I don't mind cleaning as long as I have my iPod handy. I listen to it on random and get lost in the lyrics as I run on autopilot. So, basically, my brain shuts down while I'm still productive.

This is really, depressingly sad. I mean, we had a long weekend... The most exciting thing was my dream about a demonic hat box out to kill me. Other than that I've been in my room reading, taking notes, and watching Lilly run around my room. And here I am, writing a blog about CLEANING...

My social life is very lugubrious.

2 comments:

Dustin said...

First of all, what does the dishwasher have to do with spices? O.o
Secondly, what does that last word mean?
And lastly, thanks Shu, now I'm in the mood to clean! :P

Shu said...

1.) I had to wash the spice rack because I had no desire to stand by the sink washing it by hand. The spices are now sitting happily on their clean shelf, thingy.
-I can't believe I stooped so low as to use the word "thingy"... I wonder if that's in my dictionary...

2.) Mournful, dismal, or gloomy. My vocabulary is GROWING! :D

3.) Look on the bright side, it could be beneficial when you want something from your parents. For instance; six months from now, we could be going to the skating rink and you want to go. You could point out all the work you did when you were 15 and your parents would HAVE to cave and let you flee to a rink of merriment and friends. :D

Post a Comment

My Music


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones